Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Aldi Donuts Store Coffee: Worth Every Penny

It's Sunday morning and here I sit contemplating the first nice warm day of spring (Central Illinois. If you don't like the weather, wait five minutes... it will change...).

A nice hot cup of coffee, the Sunday paper and fresh donuts.  What more can a man ask for?

But I digress.  The point here is Stuff I Like, right?  Well, if you have an Aldi Grocery Store nearby, and you love coffee as much as I do, I suggest you give the Beaumont Blend "Donut Shop Coffee"



Now, let me get this outta the way.  I don't give a review for free stuff, paid vacations, or what-not...
I just like this coffee.  I work the 3rd shift at the Post Office here in Springfield and coffee is my life blood, so take it from me, this is good stuff.

Being a connoisseur of fine "midnight brew" coffees, I truly enjoy waking up to a nice fresh pot of this coffee.
I could pay $8 to $9 for the original "brand name" coffee
,
 or I could spend $4 on a bag of JUST AS FREAKING GOOD coffee (..in these uncertain times...)!


Downside?  Everything has one and this ones a zinger.  It's got a bit of a "bite", unless you use an old wife's trick:

One pinch of salt, on top of the grounds prior to brewing. Instant bitterness removal!

NO! Really!  My Grandma used to do this and I swear to Baby Jesus, it works!!

So, go buy a bag and tell me what you think.  You wont be disappointed...

(OBTW... Mr Aldi?  If you are reading this, email me for my home address, I'll take two cases...) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment